Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to posting or commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you ever need assistance, simply contact one of the staff or send us an email and we'll be glad to help.

The North Korean Crisis: View all the latest news and information here, with live updates

mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
edited August 16 in Warfare
**Threads merged**

While the catalyst is unclear, it appears the market dropped as headlines of further sanctions against Russia appeared and reports of China deploying 150,000 troops to its North Korea border.

According to Korean news agency Chosun, the "Chinese army has deployed about 150,000 troops to the North Korean border in two groups to prepare for unforeseen circumstances." The reason: the prospect of "military options", such as preemptive attacks on North Korea, like the one the United States launched on Syria.

More Google translated:

As the United States announced its independent North Korean behavior and moved the United States Navy's nuclear-powered Calvinus (CVN-70) carrier class to Singapore, the Chinese army has deployed about 150,000 troops in two groups to prepare for unforeseen circumstances.

"The report said. It is because of the prospect of taking "military options", such as preemptive attacks on North Korea, just as the United States has launched an air raid on Syria.

Japan's Sankei Shimbun reported on the 9th that the Syrian missile strike in the United States shocked China, suggesting that the People's Liberation Army forces are moving toward the Yalu River, .

The newspaper said the video was also broadcast on the Internet, but the authorities removed the relevant information, saying the move was a medical and aft support unit for the Shenyang bulb (the northern light bulb)

English source:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-04-10/stocks-slide-below-airstrikes-support-amid-russia-china-chatter

Chosun source:

http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2017/04/10/2017041001086.html

Source for a new pair of pants:

http://www.walmart.com

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Comments

• mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    edited April 11

U.S. Navy strike group to move toward Korean peninsula: U.S. official

A U.S. Navy strike group will be moving toward the western Pacific Ocean near the Korean peninsula as a show of force, a U.S. official told Reuters on Saturday, as concerns grow about North Korea's advancing weapons program.

Earlier this month North Korea tested a liquid-fueled Scud missile which only traveled a fraction of its range.

The strike group, called Carl Vinson, includes an aircraft carrier and will make its way from Singapore toward the Korean peninsula, according to the official, who was not authorized to speak to the media and requested anonymity.

"We feel the increased presence is necessary," the official said, citing North Korea's worrisome behavior.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    I was moments away from posting this - deserved a "breaking news" in my humble opinion
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)

President Trump has ordered his military advisers to be ready with a list of options to smash North Korea’s nuclear threat.

One of the advisers, Lieutenant General H. R. McMaster, confirmed his Commander-in-Chief has made the order as a U.S. carrier strike group heads for the region.

It is believed that among the options are combined special forces raids and pre-emptive missile strikes.

One of the problems facing an American-led operation to hit Pyongyang’s leader Kim Jong-Un is the intricate tunnel network under the capital.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/trump-orders-military-advisers-prepare-10197448?service=responsive

-------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
    Info is coming in from Japanese / Korean media; Western media seems to have "not noticed" (yet)
    -------------------
    Here we go:
    -------------------

China 'deploys 150,000 troops to deal with possible North Korean refugees over fears Trump may strike Kim Jong-un following missile attack on Syria'

The Chinese army has reportedly deployed 150,000 troops to the North Korean border to prepare for pre-emptive attacks after the United States dropped airstrikes on Syria.

President Donald Trump's missile strike on Syria on Friday was widely interpreted as a warning to North Korea.

And now China, left shocked by the air strikes, has deployed medical and backup units from the People's Liberation Army forces to the Yalu River, Korea's Chosun.com reported.

The troops have been dispatched to handle North Korean refugees and 'unforeseen circumstances', such as the prospect of preemptive attacks on North Korea, the news agency said.

Meanwhile, the US Navy has moved the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier strike group from Singapore to North Korea after the country conducted more missile testing.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4399076/China-deploys-150-000-troops-North-Korea-border.html

-------------------

China denies troop movement, US says "no evidence" any troops have moved

http://americanmilitarynews.com/2017/04/report-china-has-deployed-150000-troops-to-north-korean-border/
    -------------------
    From NASDAQ's own website:

Midday Update: Stocks Return Gains on Reports of Chinese Troop Deployments on N. Korea Border

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/midday-update-stocks-return-gains-on-reports-of-chinese-troop-deployments-on-n-korea-border-cm772273
    -------------------
  • "Japan's Sankei Shimbun reported on the 9th that the Syrian missile strike in the United States shocked China, suggesting that the People's Liberation Army forces are moving toward the Yalu River, ."

I think they mean the American missile strike in Syria shocked China.

People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment.
    - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings
    "Japan's Sankei Shimbun reported on the 9th that the Syrian missile strike in the United States shocked China, suggesting that the People's Liberation Army forces are moving toward the Yalu River, ."

I think they mean the American missile strike in Syria shocked China.

That would be a plot twist
    -------------------
  • *Syrian missile destroyers decloak off the coast of New York*
    People in this world look at things mistakenly, and think that what they do not understand must be the void. This is not the true void. It is bewilderment.
    We might need a unified (pun intended) "Korea!" thread soon 
    -------------------
    We might need a unified (pun intended) "Korea!" thread soon 
    Agreed. Done 
    edited April 11

Tensions at ‘tipping point’: Why Donald Trump had to act on North Korea now

NORTH Korea has warned it is ready for “war” as tensions with the United States continue to escalate.

American forces announced yesterday that the USS Carl Vinson, loaded with fighter jets, had been pulled from its planned military exercises in Australia and ordered towards the Korean Peninsula. Three guided-missile destroyers and cruisers joined the armada, which left from Singapore on Saturday.

According to military and intelligence sources who spoke to The New York Times, the US’s show of force was timed around the most important day on the North Korean calendar, the anniversary of the birth of Kim Il-sung, who founded the nation and is the late grandfather of current leader Kim Jong-un.

North Korea is less than impressed. In its response to America’s naval movements today, the regime’s foreign ministry said the US’s “reckless moves for invading the DPRK have reached a serious phase,” and issued the warning that it was ready for war, AFP reported

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/tensions-at-tipping-point-why-donald-trump-had-to-act-on-north-korea-now/news-story/af8e0c30f9f21f6c6e45fdde868305be

North Korea 'ready for war' after US navy strike team redeploys

North Korea has warned of “catastrophic consequences” in response to any further provocations by the US, days after a US navy battle group was sent to waters off the Korean peninsula.

The decision to divert the USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier and other battleships from a planned visit to Australia to the western Pacific came after tensions increased over ongoing military drills involving American and South Korean forces that Pyongyang regards as a dress rehearsal for an invasion.

“We will hold the US wholly accountable for the catastrophic consequences to be entailed by its outrageous actions,” North Korea’s state-run Korean Central News Agency quoted a foreign ministry spokesman as saying. “(North Korea) is ready to react to any mode of war desired by the US.”
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/11/north-korea-ready-for-war-us-navy-redeploys
    edited April 11

China agrees on 'action' on North Korea as navy strike group sails

“President Xi clearly understands, and I think agrees, that the situation has intensified and has reached a certain level of threat that action has to be taken,” Tillerson said.

Tillerson described a “shared view and no disagreement as to how dangerous the situation has become”.

In view of the regional threat now posed by North Korean missile tests and nuclear ambitions, he said, the Chinese “do not believe the conditions are right today to engage in discussions with the government in Pyongyang”.

“We’re hopeful,” he added, “that we can work together with the Chinese to change the conditions in the minds of the DPRK [Democratic People’s Republic of Korea] leadership. And then, at that point, perhaps discussions may be useful.

“But I think there’s a shared view and no disagreement as to how dangerous the situation has become. And I think even China is beginning to recognise that this presents a threat to even to China’s interests as well.”

This will be over rather quickly if those 150,000 troops are actually to "refresh" North Korea's internal situation 
    -------------------
    edited April 11
    This will be over rather quickly if those 150,000 troops are actually to "refresh" North Korea's internal situation 
    As in a coupe? ....well in this case a straight up over-throw by outside forces  lol 
    Well, if China has to face a situation between American and United Korean forces sitting on its border, or going in itself to preserve North Korea, albeit in a different form, I would venture to guess they would chose the latter.

But in all honesty I'm not entirely convinced by Mr Tillerson's comments, so those troops could be the response to the carrier group moving in.

Or, the troops might not exist at all, since we're still waiting for extra confirmation. I would guess it so at this point, considering everything else that's been going on. 
    -------------------
    edited April 11
    Well, if China has to face a situation between American and United Korean forces sitting on its border, or going in itself to preserve North Korea, albeit in a different form, I would venture to guess they would chose the latter.

But in all honesty I'm not entirely convinced by Mr Tillerson's comments, so those troops could be the response to the carrier group moving in.

Or, the troops might not exist at all, since we're still waiting for extra confirmation. I would guess it so at this point, considering everything else that's been going on. 
    I think China and US have already spoken about the solution....That being that the US will over-throw N Korea Leader....And then hand the country off to china to do with it what they want (place in whatever leader/gov they see fit)

I think China and US have already spoken about the solution....That being that the US will over-throw N Korea Leader....And then hand the country off to china to do with it what they want (place in whatever leader/gov they see fit)
    I have a feeling you may very well be right, and this big meeting in Florida might have been to address this very situation.
    -------------------
  • I'm curious as to what the Russians are thinking about all this.  The Kremlin might be a long way away from North Korea, but Vladivostok, a key military port city, is less than 150km from the North Korean border.  I can't imagine Russia will be delighted to suddenly share a land-border with an American-administered North Korea.

Perhaps trains filled with Soviet Russian troops are currently speeding across Siberia?
    One can only wonder. It's a confusing and entangled situation to say the least. They all deny moving anything around while of course moving tons of stuff around. For all we know this could be a giant trap.
    -------------------

• I nominate Matt to be the guy in the middle!  I'll be the guy behind him, getting out of the way.
    But why would I want to stop this?
    *I toss my head back and laugh into a stormy sky*
    -------------------
  • *Tom Cruise's hand falls on your shoulder*
  • Lynsey_ADMIN_Lynsey_ADMIN_ Administrator

'Ready for WAR' Kim Jong-un promises 'POWERFUL RESPONSE' after US Navy deployment to Korea

NORTH Korea has promised it will retaliate and defend itself “by powerful force of arms” after the US deployed a Navy strike group in the Korean Peninsula.

Kim Jong-un’s state-owned news agency KCNA claimed Trump’s deployment showed “reckless moves for invading” that had now “reached a serious phase”.

It comes after Trump sent the aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson into the Sea of Japan after several provocative missile launches from Kim’s communist nation.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/790379/us-north-korea-kim-jong-un-condemns-reckless-navy-deployment-kcna-uss-carl-vinson

"Before you embark on a Journey of Revenge, Dig Two Graves" Confucius (504 bc)
    “The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
    "If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer
    edited April 12

North Korea state media warns of nuclear strike if provoked as U.S. warships approach

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/north-korea-state-media-warns-100014004.html

North Korean state media warned on Tuesday of a nuclear attack on the United States at any sign of American aggression, as a U.S. Navy strike group steamed toward the western Pacific - a force U.S. President Donald Trump described as an "armada".

Trump, who has urged China to do more to rein in its impoverished ally and neighbor, said in a tweet that North Korea was "looking for trouble" and the United States would "solve the problem" with or without Beijing's help.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-nuclear-idUSKBN17D0A4 ;

-------------------

North Korea state media warns of nuclear strike if provoked as U.S. warships approach

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/north-korea-state-media-warns-100014004.html
    LOL N Korea.... You silly child...That nuke wouldn't make it 10 FT off the launch pad before being hit by the US....You'd end up nuking yourself 
  • Rosie_MOD_Rosie_MOD_ Moderator
    Unable locate any Chinese news media reporting on sending 150,000 or any other figure of troops to north korea. In fact nothing on the US Navy heading for the area.  Either they're keeping their own in the dark or ? 

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

The Chinese government controls the Chinese media, so it wouldn't surprise me that nothing about this is being headlined over there - if a big operation is underway, they probably will try to keep it secret until it's unleashed

*it's actually just a really big lunch delivery* 
    -------------------

U.S. Ready to Shoot Down N.Korean Missiles Tested This Week

The U.S. has put Australia and other allies on alert that it is fully prepared to shoot down test rockets launched by North Korea, the Daily Telegraph reported Tuesday.

Intelligence sources told the Sydney daily the North could test-launch ballistic missiles around the birthday of nation founder Kim II-sung this week.

"The United States, which has a fleet headed to the Korean Peninsula, is understood to have notified Australia that it is fully prepared to shoot down these rockets," the report said. "The Australian-United States joint facility at Pine Gap monitors North Korean missile launches, and is on standby."

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2017/04/12/2017041200859.html
    -------------------
    edited April 12
    There is still zero tangible confirmation on the Chinese troop movement, for those interested. This doesn't mean it hasn't happened since I imagine information is tightly controlled, but I thought I would just share that. 

The Chinese government controls the Chinese media, so it wouldn't surprise me that nothing about this is being headlined over there - if a big operation is underway, they probably will try to keep it secret until it's unleashed

*it's actually just a really big lunch delivery* 
    -------------------
    edited April 12

U.S. Ready to Shoot Down N.Korean Missiles Tested This Week

The U.S. has put Australia and other allies on alert that it is fully prepared to shoot down test rockets launched by North Korea, the Daily Telegraph reported Tuesday.

Intelligence sources told the Sydney daily the North could test-launch ballistic missiles around the birthday of nation founder Kim II-sung this week.

"The United States, which has a fleet headed to the Korean Peninsula, is understood to have notified Australia that it is fully prepared to shoot down these rockets," the report said. "The Australian-United States joint facility at Pine Gap monitors North Korean missile launches, and is on standby."

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2017/04/12/2017041200859.html
    This, this would be a big deal as I imagine the pride of N Korea wouldn't just sit back in shame, disgrace, and failure 
    edited April 12

US deploys special operatives that took out Osama bin Laden to North Korea and THAAD missile defence system

South Korean media claims the famed Seal Team 6 — which killed Osama bin Laden in May 2011 — is part of the Foal Eagle and Key Resolve exercise being carried out from March 7 to April 30 in South Korea.

While US military would not confirm the reports, it said “ground, air, naval and special operations” are taking part in “several joint and combined field training operations” which involve up to 17,000 troops.

The special operations teams are thought to also include the Army Rangers, Delta Force and Green Berets. The training commenced one day after US deployed its state of the art THAAD missile defence system to the region.

South Korea’s JoongAng Daily has claimed the teams would take part in a drill to simulate the removal of Kim Jong-un — a move denied by Former US Navy Commander Gary Ross.

Asked about the Navy team’s participation in March, Commander Ross said: “There are variety of Special Operations Forces (SOF) participating in Foal Eagle, as they do in most regional exercises.”

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/us-deploys-thaad-missile-defence-special-operatives-that-took-out-osama-bin-laden-to-north-korea/news-story/d4c4d7ab574d267348c8505ade8f4004

China threatens to 'BOMB North Korea' if tyrant Kim Jong-un crosses THIS 'bottom line'

The Chinese military would react with force if Kim Jong-un’s nuclear activities adversely affected areas of China bordering the hermit nation, according to an editorial in a government-owned newspaper.

The article in the Communist-party affiliated Global Times stressed the North’s nuclear facilities must not put northeastern regions of China in danger.

The editorial said: “China has a bottom line that it will protect at all costs, that is, the security and stability of northeast China.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/790843/world-war-3-china-bomb-north-korea-kim-jong-un-nuclear-test

*it's actually just a really big lunch delivery*

Unless its not really happening.

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

ummm - as I was saying.  This has also been reported by a ridgy didge American Military site but decided against adding that link.  Could explain why its not in Chinese News.
    http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/10/dod-media-reports-of-150000-troops-moving-on-the-korean-border-are-pure-fiction/#ixzz4dt6Ojj42

Japanese navy plans exercises with US ships as tensions rise with North Korea

JAPAN'S navy plans a joint show of force with the US Navy's USS Carl Vinson aircraft carrier strike group as it steams towards the Korean peninsula aimed at deterring secretive North Korean regime from further missile tests, two sources said.

With tension growing markedly, the Korean peninsula is the closest it has been to a "military clash" since Pyongyang's first nuclear test in 2006, an influential state-run Chinese newspaper said today.

North Korea should halt any plans for nuclear and missile activities "for its own security", the Global Times said in an editorial.

While widely read in China and run by the ruling Communist Party's official People's Daily, the Global Times does not represent government policy.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/790935/Japan-navy-US-ships-North-Korea-tension

“The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis.”
    "If angry, count to ten. This will give you time to find a weapon." - Will Spencer
    Global Times (China) is "quoted"  by
    https://www.businessinsider.com.au/china-just-sent-150000-troops-to-its-north-korea-border-and-is-ready-to-take-action-2017-4
    as referring to 150,000 troops sent border DPRK but nothing to be found on Global Times other than these.
    Rather China seems to be urging cautious measures.
    http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1041998.shtml
    http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1041789.shtml

Anniversary of Kim-II-Sung Birthday anniversary is April 15 2017 - a date to watch perhaps.
    What would happen in the scenario US Navy goes in believing 150,000 troops are there in support and finds out they aren't?  Would they blame fake media or China?

Global Times (China) is "quoted"  by
    https://www.businessinsider.com.au/china-just-sent-150000-troops-to-its-north-korea-border-and-is-ready-to-take-action-2017-4
    as referring to 150,000 troops sent border DPRK but nothing to be found on Global Times other than these.
    Rather China seems to be urging cautious measures.
    http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1041998.shtml
    http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1041789.shtml

Anniversary of Kim-II-Sung Birthday anniversary is April 15 2017 - a date to watch perhaps.
    What would happen in the scenario US Navy goes in believing 150,000 troops are there in support and finds out they aren't?  Would they blame fake media or China?

I imagine they might already know - they probably have surveillance of the area non-stop. China has moved troops around before, so maybe it's not considered all that big of a deal. 

The difficult thing is that it's hard to know what's what without anyone being on the ground to observe more closely.

April 15th will absolutely be an important date. 
    -------------------

Kim Jong-un’s SECRET WEAPON: North Korea preparing 'UNDERWATER nuclear attack'

KIM JONG-UN may be planning an underwater nuclear attack using a secret submarine.

While North Korea is still struggling to develop nuclear-headed airborne missiles, it is fast increasing its underwater military power.

The country possess numerous submarines, which it has used with devastating effect in the past, with fears they are now being adapted to fire nuclear weapons. 

Even more worrying is the submarines’ ability to 'disappear' and avoid detection. In 2015 around 50 went missing, setting alarm bells ringing in Seoul and Tokyo.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/791049/north-korea-war-nuclear-submarine-kim-jong-un-latest

US Deploys "Nuclear Sniffer" Plane to Japan As Tensions Rise with North Korea

Percentile chance this will turn into an actual war?
    -------------------
    *consults asians* 64.5% 
    edited April 12

Kim Jong-Un ‘orders IMMEDIATE EVACUATION of Pyongyang’ as tensions with US escalate

NORTH Korea leader Kim Jong-un has reportedly ordered residents of the country’s capital Pyongyang to leave the city immediately, sparking fears he may be preparing for war.

Reports in Russian newspaper Pravda Report claim more than 600,000 people - around 25 per cent of the city’s population - are being urgently evacuated, as tensions escalate between North Korea and the United States.According to South Korean media, residents in the kingdom have said goodbye to each other, sparking concerns the tyrannical leader could be about to act after months of nuclear weapon testing.Foreign reporters have been told to prepare for a “big and important event" on North Korea's biggest national celebration, called ‘Day of the Sun’.A tweet from Channel NewsAsia’s Beijing Correspondent Jeremy Koh said: “We’ve been told to be ready to move out at 6.20am, but no idea why. Also, no cell phones allowed.”
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/791251/kim-jong-un-north-korea-imminent-war-pyongyang-immediate-evacuation

SPIES IN AUSTRALIA ACTIVATED: "Pine Gap ‘on standby’ as tensions rise between the US and North Korea"

IF Kim Jong-un is planning to launch a missile at Australia or US interests there’s one strategic intelligence facility that should know all about it.

And it’s right in the centre of our own country.

The secretive Pine Gap spy base has a vast array of signals intelligence capabilities and you can bet it will be monitoring Kim Jong-un’s every word.

Run by both Australia and the United States, the Joint Defence Facility Pine Gap is located about 20km from Alice Springs.

The remote site is considered strategically vital by both the US and Australian governments and it is used to collect a wide range of signals intelligence as well as providing information on early warning of ballistic missile launches. The flat landscape away from any city ensures the secretive site has a lack of interference.

It also contributes to and collects data used for US drones in the Middle East and Pakistan and it has access to satellites that could spy on most continents, bar the Americas and Antarctica.

And while personnel based there are always searching for intelligence, they are now understood to be on standby following escalating tensions between North Korea and the US, according to the NT News.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/pine-gap-on-standby-as-tensions-rise-between-the-us-and-north-korea/news-story/b1427d52fc7c2ef70bfb7d59b6a4f672

-------------------

Foreign journalists in North Korea told to prepare for 'big' event

SEOUL (Reuters) - Foreign journalists visiting North Korea have been told to prepare for a "big and important event" on Thursday, although there were no indications it was directly linked to tensions in the region over the isolated state's nuclear weapons program.

Around 200 foreign journalists are in Pyongyang as the country marks the 105th birth anniversary of its founding president Kim Il Sung on April 15, North Korea's biggest national day called "Day of the Sun".

Officials gave no details as to the nature of the event or where it would take place, and similar announcements in the past have been linked to relatively low-key set pieces.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/foreign-journalists-north-korea-told-prepare-big-event-173549254.html

-------------------
    *consults asians* 64.5% 
    Good idea; there might not be many left to consult pretty soon
    -------------------

Trump declares that North Korea is ‘looking for trouble’ as tensions rise

President Trump suggested on Tuesday that he could sweeten the terms of a trade agreement with China if Beijing assists in solving the North Korea “problem” — but that the United States is prepared to move forward in the western Pacific without Chinese help.

“I explained to the President of China that a trade deal with the U.S. will be far better for them if they solve the North Korean problem!” Trump tweeted early Tuesday, three days after hosting Chinese President Xi Jinping at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida.

“North Korea is looking for trouble,” Trump wrote. “If China decides to help, that would be great. If not, we will solve the problem without them! U.S.A.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-declares-north-korea-looking-trouble-tensions-rise-133918861.html

-------------------

US officials believe North Korea has placed a nuclear device in a tunnel, which could mean a nuclear test is imminent

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3321634/north-korea-nuclear-bomb-test-us-officials-nuke-sniffer/
    -------------------

"UPI reporting that China has sent an additional 25,000 troops to the border with North Korea"

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/791311/china-25000-troops-north-korean-border-kim-jong-un-donald-trump-xi-jinping
    -------------------

North Korea's hidden submarine threat is another worry as regime warns it's 'ready' for war

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/12/north-korea-submarine-threat-is-another-worry.html
    -------------------
    -------------------

‘We are sending an armada’: Trump ready to eliminate N. Korean ‘menace’ with or without China

“We are sending an armada. Very powerful,” Trump told Fox. “We have submarines. Very powerful. Far more powerful than the aircraft carrier. That I can tell you.”

Trump said, referring to North Korean leader Kim Jong-un, that “he is doing the wrong thing.”

The US president's comments came the day after Pyongyang once again threatened to retaliate against the US and its allies.

“Our revolutionary strong army is keenly watching every move by enemy elements with our nuclear sight focused on the US invasionary bases not only in South Korea and the Pacific operation theater but also in the US mainland,” North Korea's official Rodong Sinmun newspaper said.

https://www.rt.com/news/384554-us-armada-china-korea-menace/

North Korea's Rogue 'Shining Star' Satellite Is Going Over US Right Now

edited April 13
    Interesting, it's about to go right over sort of near to Washington DC, but close to NYC.
    Here's where it can be tracked: http://www.n2yo.com/?s=41332
    -------------------
    The next pass will take it right over the center of the US
    -------------------
  • I wonder why they haven't "accidentally" shot down the North Korean satellite in all this time.  "Aw man, sorry guys.  I guess you should make better satellites like the 57 we have currently around Pyongyang!"

Fears Grow of Trump 'Going Rogue' on N.Korea, launching "tempermental" strike without consulting South

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2017/04/13/2017041300782.html
    -------------------

North Korea 'could launch sarin nerve gas missiles', says Japan's PM

Japanese PM Shinzo Abe warns "tension is rising" as there is "a possibility" Pyongyang is capable of firing chemical weapons.

North Korea could have the resources to fire missiles loaded with sarin nerve gas, Japanese prime minister Shinzo Abe has warned.

During a parliamentary hearing on national security, Mr Abe said there is "a possibility" Pyongyang is "already capable of shooting missiles with sarin as warheads".

Citing the Syrian regime's alleged use of the nerve agent, the Japanese leader added that "tension is certainly rising" and Tokyo should strengthen its defences against North Korea.

http://news.sky.com/story/north-korea-could-launch-sarin-nerve-gas-missiles-says-japans-pm-10835448

‘Riskier than striking Syria’: Beijing warns US against attacking North Korea

China has warned the US against using military force against North Korea, after a surprise redeployment of an aircraft carrier group. Washington’s regional allies said they expect it to consult with them before any action.

Tension is mounting in the region as US President Donald Trump said he would solve the “North Korean problem” with or without China’s help. The warning came amid the diversion of the aircraft carrier group ‘USS Carl Vinson’ to the Korean Peninsula and a week after Trump ordered the US Navy to fire a barrage of 59 Tomahawk missiles at a Syrian airbase as punishment for an alleged chemical attack in Idlib province.

Responding to US belligerence, Beijing called against using force against Pyongyang.

“Military force cannot resolve the issue,” Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi told reporters in Beijing. “Amid challenge there is opportunity. Amid tensions we will also find a kind of opportunity to return to talks.”

An editorial in the influential newspaper Global Times, which is published by the Chinese Communist Party’ People’s Daily, said the situation on the Korean Peninsula could not be compared to that of Syria.

“Taking military actions against North Korea is much more risky than launching a missile strike on Syria. Pyongyang is able to deal a heavy blow to South Korea. Regardless of Pyongyang's nuclear capability, a radiological dispersal device, or a ‘dirty bomb,’ if thrown on the South, will cause nuclear pollution, which will be unbearable to this US ally,”the newspaper warned.

https://www.rt.com/news/384595-china-korea-us-action/

• I enjoy how pretty much the only photos of Kim Jong-Un that exist all show him looking at or inspecting things while military officials watch from nearby.
    I enjoy how pretty much the only photos of Kim Jong-Un that exist all show him looking at or inspecting things while military officials watch from nearby.
    Lol, I saw a comment once that read, "seriously, is there like only one pair of binoculars in the entirety of North Korea?" 
    I enjoy how pretty much the only photos of Kim Jong-Un that exist all show him looking at or inspecting things while military officials watch from nearby.
    It appears you're right: http://kimjongunlookingatthings.com/
    -------------------

U.S. May Launch Preemptive Strike If North Korea Conducts Nuclear Test - Senior US Intelligence Officials

The U.S. is prepared to launch a preemptive strike with conventional weapons against North Korea should officials become convinced that North Korea is about to follow through with a nuclear weapons test, multiple senior U.S. intelligence officials told NBC News.

North Korea has warned that a "big event" is near, and U.S. officials say signs point to a nuclear test that could come as early as this weekend.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-s-may-launch-strike-if-north-korea-reaches-nuclear-n746366

-------------------

US military options 'already being assessed' as North Korean war fears mount

THE White House is already assessing different military options to deal with North Korea, according to a top US official.

Speaking about the question of another nuclear missile tests, the official said it’s not a question of “if, it’s when”.

The chilling warning comes moments after North Korea’s vice foreign minister warned the hermit country will conduct another nuclear test “whenever the supreme headquarters sees fit”.

Han Song Ryol said the situation on the Korean peninsula is now in a “vicious cycle” and also accused President Trump of “making trouble” with “aggressive” tweets.

Earlier this week, the US leader tweeted that North Korea was “looking for trouble”, and vowed to take on the hermit state alone if necessary as tensions near breaking point.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/791829/world-war-three-us-military-options-already-being-assessed-north-korea-donald-trump

North Korea broadcasts ‘mysterious encrypted numbers’ amid fears of nuclear weapons test

NORTH Korea’s propaganda network has broadcast encrypted numbers ahead of the “Day of the Sun” – an event experts fear Kim Jong-un will use to carry out a nuclear weapons test.

Radio Pyongyang sent out secret messages in the early hours of the morning, listing a series of numbers including “No. 69 on page 823”, “No. 92 on page 467” and “No. 100 on page 957”.

The numbers are believed to be encoded with a book cypher – a system common during the Cold War which tells spies to look up specific words on various pages of an agreed text which spell out a phrase.

The numbers are different from those previously sent out by the radio station, which last offered encrypted phrases on Sunday.

Before reading the list, the radio presenter said: “I’m giving review works in elementary information technology lessons of the remote education university for No. 27 expedition agents."

But South Korean insiders claimed the broadcast may be an attempt to spark confusion among intelligence services.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/791836/North-Korea-Kim-Jong-un-spies-south-pyongyang-radio-nuclear-weapons

N. Korea to strike US bases in Asian Pacific & S. Korean presidential palace if US attacks – KCNA

North Korea will strike US military bases in Japan and South Korea, as well as the South Korean president’s residence in Seoul, if America engages in aggression against Pyongyang, North Korea’s General Staff warned, according to state news agency KCNA.

North Korea’s military promised to “ruthlessly ravage” the US if the American aircraft carrier group that is currently on its way to the region takes aggressive action.

Our toughest counteraction against the US and its vassal forces will be taken in such a merciless manner as not to allow the aggressors to survive,” a statement from the military said.

https://www.rt.com/news/384736-north-korea-targets-us-military-asia-pacific/

"Japan activating evacuation plans to rescue 57,000 Japanese citizens in South Korea in event of war"

The United States has deployed the nuclear-powered aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson to waters near the Korean Peninsula amid rising military tensions over North Korea. The Japanese government, which has asked the United States to provide advance consultation if it decides to launch military action against North Korea, has ramped up preparations for unexpected situations.

The Japanese government anticipates the possibility of a joint response with the United States should a contingency arise.

Prime Minister Shinzo Abe stressed on Wednesday that the region is becoming increasingly tense. “[U.S. President Donald Trump] has stated that all options are on the table. It’s a fact tensions are rising,” he said at the Prime Minister’s Office after receiving a written proposal calling for tougher sanctions on North Korea from the Liberal Democratic Party’s Eriko Yamatani, chief of the headquarters for the abduction issue.

“If an unexpected situation occurs, we’ll ask the United States to cooperate in rescuing the abduction victims,” Abe added.

http://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0003638430

-------------------

Air China has suspended flights from Beijing to Pyongyang, "due to sudden poor demand" 

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/air-china-to-suspend-beijing-pyongyang-flights-chinese-state-t/3678650.html
    -------------------
    edited April 14

New Korean War may break out ‘at any moment’ – Chinese FM

China’s Foreign Minister warned that an armed conflict with North Korea may break out “at any moment,” urging Washington and Pyongyang to tone down their hawkish rhetoric and realize the price to pay for both sides if a new Korean War were to start.

The extraordinary warning comes amid massive US military buildup near the Korean Peninsula, with the carrier strike group ‘USS Carl Vinson’ heading towards the region. While US President Donald Trump is threatening to “take care” of the North Korean “problem,” Pyongyang says it is ready to repel any military action.

“Lately, tensions have risen with the US and the ROK [South Korea] on one side, and the DPRK [North Korea] on the other,” Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi told reporters on Friday, adding that “One has the feeling that a conflict could break out at any moment.”

He cautioned both sides that “if a war occurs, the result is a situation in which everybody loses and there can be no winner,” and that whichever side provoked a conflict “must assume the historic responsibility and pay the corresponding price.”

Earlier in the day, Wang said both Washington and Pyongyang must refrain from “provoking and threatening each other, whether in words or actions, and not let the situation get to an irreversible and unmanageable stage,” as cited by Reuters.

https://www.rt.com/news/384755-north-korea-war-possible/

Vice President Pence heads to Seoul as North Korea tensions flare

By Roberta Rampton | WASHINGTON

U.S. Vice President Mike Pence will travel to South Korea on Sunday in what his aides said was a sign of the U.S. commitment to its ally in the face of rising tensions over North Korea's nuclear program.

Pence's Seoul stop kicks off a long-planned 10-day trip to Asia - his first as vice president - and comes amid concerns that Pyongyang could soon conduct its sixth nuclear test.

President Donald Trump has warned against further provocations, sending an aircraft carrier group to the region as a show of force. His officials have been assessing tougher economic sanctions as well as military options to curb North Korea's nuclear ambitions.

Pence plans to celebrate Easter with U.S. and Korean troops on Sunday before talks on Monday with acting President Hwang Kyo-ahn.

"We're going to consult with the Republic of Korea on North Korea's efforts to advance its ballistic missile and its nuclear program," a White House foreign policy adviser told reporters, previewing Pence's trip.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-pence-asia-idUSKBN17G08X

Military Remains Silent On Possible North Korea Strike Reports, Considering Full Range of Options

China warns U.S., North Korea: 'If war breaks out ... no one will win'

Chinese foreign minister Wang Yi warned both the United States and North Korea on Friday to cool their increasingly sharp statements and threats or risk "irreversible damage" — and possible war — on the Korean peninsula, China's official Xinhua news agency said.

"On the Korean Peninsula issue, it is not the one who espouses harsher rhetoric or raises a bigger fist that will win," Wang said. "If war breaks out on the Korean Peninsula, multiple parties will lose and no one will win."

The remarks come against a backdrop of increasingly heated statements from Washington and Pyongyang, the prospects of a nuclear weapons test by North Korea, hints of a possible pre-emptive strike by the U.S. and the buildup of U.S. naval forces closer to the area.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/04/14/china-warns-us-north-korea-curb-heated-exchanges/100473262/

-------------------
  • Can't get it to start, unfortunately.

The comments section is certainly moving along though.  *wipes face*
    edited April 15

Pyongyang unveils submarine-based missiles at military parade marking founder’s birth

Amid regional “military hysteria,” North Korea has marked the 105th birth anniversary of its founding leader Kim Il-sung with a military parade in Pyongyang, where it for the first time publicly showcased its submarine-launched ballistic missiles.

The country’s hereditary leader Kim Jong-un, wearing a black suit and white shirt and a tie, welcomed his country's bravest as he addressed thousands of soldiers who took part in the parade honoring his grandfather.

https://www.rt.com/news/384817-pyongyang-military-parade-missiles/

N. Korea blasts US ‘military hysteria & aggression’ in Syria, vows to mercilessly foil provocations

Pyongyang has called the US cruise-missile strike against Syria a war crime, urging Washington to stop its “military hysteria” and come to its “senses” – or otherwise face a merciless response in case of any provocations against North Korea.

“The US should be punished according to international law as its military attack on Syria was an undisguised act of aggression and war crime,” a spokesman for the Korean Jurists Committee said in a statement cited by KCNA.

Simultaneously, on Friday, a spokesman for the General Staff of the Korean People's Army (KPA) issued a statement claiming that following the unilateral strike against Syria, Donald Trump’s “serious military hysteria” has reached a dangerous phase where the DPRK will be forced to respond against the US and its allies in such a “merciless manner as not to allow the aggressors to survive.”

“The US used aggression and war as a lever for carrying out its policy in disregard of international law. It made missile attacks on the countries incurring its disfavor in wanton violation of their sovereignty,” the statement by North Korean lawyers added.

“The international community should never tolerate the US attack on Syria but mete out a due punishment to the harasser of peace,” it added.

https://www.rt.com/news/384813-pyongyang-us-military-hysteria/

• "Pyongyang has called the US cruise-missile strike against Syria a war crime"

I will ask a very important question:  is North Korea wrong?

I bet that statement is causing the people who read it to view the American strike in Syria *more* favourably, simply because everyone MUST oppose anything said by North Korea or else. 

I bet people would be leaping to agree if it read, for example, "Ottawa has called the US cruise-missile strike against Syria a war crime."
    edited April 15
    Kim Jong Un is currently standing in the open on a balcony in a square whose location is obvious to everyone, but for some reason America isn't launching a strike - forcefield? 
    -------------------
    Kim Jong Un is currently standing in the open on a balcony in a square whose location is obvious to everyone, but for some reason America isn't launching a strike - forcefield? 
    No joke, I thought the exact same thing....waiting for it basically 
    Is it just me, or does it feel kind of insane that we're watching Kim Jong Un live on the Internet lol
    -------------------
    Is it just me, or does it feel kind of insane that we're watching Kim Jong Un live on the Internet lol
    I wasn't aware n Korea had wifi access lol 
    edited April 15

South Korea military says suspects North Korea paraded new ICBMs

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-usa-icbm-idUSKBN17H034
    -------------------
  • GrumpyGuyGrumpyGuy Member
    edited April 15
    I wasn't able to see the live feed, sadly, and now it appears to be down.

As for Un, I think his balcony-standing was in some ways his version of that scene in Braveheart where the Scots lift up their kilts and waggle their lengths at the English.
    I wasn't able to see the live feed, sadly, and now it appears to be down.

As for Un, I think his balcony-standing was in some ways his version of that scene in Braveheart where the Scots lift up their kilts and waggle their lengths at the English.
    I hope they brought binoculars..... 

Kim Jong-un vows 'World War 3' as he threatens to pulverise US bases & South Korea capital

NORTH Korea has vowed to go to war if provoked and has blamed the US and has claimed the two opposing nations were “on the brink of war”.

The secretive state has vowed to “pulverise” US bases and the South Korean capital Seoul if threatened by the US military, which is currently carrying out drills near the Korean peninsula.

The US nuclear warning system DefCon has been quickly upgraded to threat level four as a US aircraft carrier group is now steaming towards the region.

Kim Jong-un has claimed he would “ruthlessly ravage” the US if Washington attacked.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/792165/North-Korea-Kim-Jong-un-Pyongyang-nuclear-World-War-3-USA-Donald-Trump-Seoul-China

Kim Jong-un orders ‘600,000 Pyongyang citizens to EVACUATE amid fears of NUCLEAR WAR’

KIM Jong-un has ordered 600,000 residents in North Korea’s capital to evacuate the city amid rumours the hermit state is preparing to carry out a nuclear blast, according to reports.

A quarter of Pyongyang’s residents will be rushed out of the city on the communist leader’s orders, which experts have noted is likely due to rising tensions between the US, North Korea and China.

The evacuees – mostly individuals with criminal records – have been asked to leave in order to let others use bomb shelters in the city.

According to South Korean media, residents of North Korea have started to say goodbye to each other amid preparations for a large-scale nuclear war.

Yet waving farewell to law enforcement officers is forbidden – and mentioning the names of national leaders when saying goodbye is strictly forbidden.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/792171/North-Korea-nuclear-war-world-three-Kim-Jong-un-Pyongyang-evacuate-citizens-US-China

America flexes its muscle in South Korea as U.S. Army conducts defense exercises amid growing tensions with North Korea

U.S. Army troops and Air Force conducted military exercises on Saturday near the border between the two countries in Paju. President Trump sent an aircraft carrier-led strike group to the Korean Peninsula as US officials feared North Korean leader Kim Jong-un would mark the national holiday by launching its sixth nuclear weapons test since the country has used previous holidays to showcase its military prowess.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4414232/US-Air-Force-Army-troops-conduct-drills-South-Korea.html

Pentagon scrambles for solution amid fears North Korea could BLOW UP American power grid

AMERICA could be plunged into a blackout after warnings that the country's power grid is vulnerable to a North Korean attack.

A North Korean cyberattack could have the power to take out America's power grid and plunge the country into darkness.

The Pentagon is rushing to protect the country's power lifeline, amid escalating tensions with Kim Jong-un's regime.

Currently, the Pentagon's technology wing, the Defense Advanced Research Project Agency (DAFRA), is in the process of developing 'alternative communication networks' in the case of an attack on the grid.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/792331/Pentagon-North-Korea-power-grid-Donald-Trump

SPOTTED: Putin 'moves military forces' to North Korean border as world prepares for WAR

VIDEO has been released allegedly showing a mass military mobilisation in Vladivostok, Russia, just eight miles from the border with North Korea, as the world edges towards war.

Russia has reportedly moved military vehicles towards the city, which is within striking distance of North Korea.

The dramatic move, unconfirmed by the Russian government, was spotted by residents in the border city and posted on social media.

This comes as North Korea warned that they are prepared for all-out war with the US, while China pleads for the two powers to back down from escalation.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/792225/Russia-Putin-North-Korea-nuclear-Trump

Geesh, the pot is still boiling...Could be 1 twig away from boiling over 
    I wonder what the Russians are up to
    -------------------

North Korea 'will be a field of MILLIONS of corpses' - expert's chilling prediction

THE Korean peninsula will be turned into "a smoking field of rubble with millions of corpses" if the North Korea crisis escalates into all-out nuclear war with US, an expert has warned.

Rudiger Frank, one of the world's leading experts on the secretive rogue state, said North Korean leader Kim Jong Un would have "no choice" but to retaliate if Donald Trump orders a preemptive missile strike on the country. 

He said where previous 'rituals" had existed betwen North Korea and the US regarding atomic threats, the arrival of President Trump and North Korea's latest breakthrough meant the situation was now "dangerous". 

But he said there was a small chance Washington and Pyongyang could yet back down and begin negotiating. 

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/792259/North-Korea-World-War-3-rubble-field-millions-corpses-Kim-Jong-Un-Trump

Not all those corpses will be Korean, however, something that hopefully everyone lets sink in before buttons start getting mashed. 
    -------------------
    edited April 15

N Korea missile launch fails, says South Korea

North Korea has attempted to launch a missile on its east coast which is believed to have failed, South Korea's military says.

It comes a day after the state warned the US that it was "ready to hit back with nuclear attacks" amid mounting tension in the region.

On Saturday, a military parade was held in Pyongyang as a show of force.

North Korea has already conducted five nuclear tests and a series of missile launches.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39612095

-------------------
    LOL ^ wa wa wa waaaaaaaaa 

N. Korea’s missile launch attempt ‘presumed to have failed’ – Seoul

North Korea has tried, but allegedly failed, to conduct a new missile launch, according to South Korea’s Joint Chief of Staff and US Pacific Command. The alleged botched launch comes amid heightened tensions on the Korean Peninsula and a day after Pyongyang showcased its new sea based and intercontinental missiles.

“The communist state attempted to launch an unidentified missile from the port city of Sinpo on its east coast in the morning and the launch is presumed to have failed,” the South Korean military said, according to Yonhap news.

The attempted missile launch has also been detected by the US military, which said it “blew up almost immediately” after the launch at 9:21pm GMT.

“US Pacific Command detected and tracked what we assess was a North Korean missile launch at 11:21 a.m. Hawaii time April 15. The launch of the ballistic missile occurred near Sinpo," US Pacific Command spokesman Commander David Benham said. “The missile blew up almost immediately. The type of missile is still being assessed.”

Reports of the failed launch came just hours before US Vice-President Mike Pence’s scheduled arrival in South Korea; to begin his Asian tour offering security reassurances to its allies in the region.

On Saturday, as North Korea marked the 105th birth anniversary of its founding leader Kim Il-sung with a military parade in Pyongyang, the North for the first time publicly showcased its submarine-launched ballistic missiles (SLBMs), as well as what appears to be a new type of ICBM.

"It's presumed to be a new ICBM. It seems longer than the existing KN-08 or KN-14 ICBMs," a South Korean military official told Yonhap, after the intercontinental ballistic missiles along with the Pukkuksong-2 SLBMs were paraded in front of the country's leader, Kim Jong-un.

https://www.rt.com/news/384904-korea-pyongyang-missile-launch/