Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CURRENT GLOBAL VISITORS (CLICK GLOBE)
D-FOX: PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY

If you can read this message, please contact us immediately at the following email address:

thecomingcrisis@gmail.com

We'd like to communicate.

D-FOX

WELCOME TO CRISISFORUMS.ORG!
(1) Please swing by our "HELP CENTER" to view our forum rules prior to commenting.
(2) Acknowledge that by commenting or posting, you take full responsibility for the content and message of the information you put forth, which do not necessarily reflect the opinions of this website.
(3) If you would like to post your own discussion threads, just contact one of the staff so we can verify you as a human.

Remember Elisa Lam? Well, she's still posting...

Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
edited April 5 in Mystery & Conspiracy
http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com

She's supposedly been dead for 6 months now, but someone is still posting on her blog sporadically. Really weird.

-------------------
"...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)

Comments

• mrpops09_CMOD_mrpops09_CMOD_ Chief Moderator
    once a blogger always a blogger 
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
    edited June 2013
    edited forum to *mysteries*
    Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
  • Matt_ADMIN_Matt_ADMIN_ Administrator
    Good call. What did I have it as before, "Bananas and miscellaneous nuts?" I'm the worst when it comes to forgetting category tags, lol.
    -------------------
    "...Say, 'GOD is sufficient for me.' In Him the trusters shall trust." (Quran 39:38)
    Ya, its easy to 0ver look (im sure i have many misplaced threads lol). It was in wars and rumors 
  • S_ValmontS_Valmont Member
    edited September 2013
    I remember seeing a pretty extensive discussion of this on PuffSky.com. Obviously controversial and tough to get definitive answers though.
  • She blogging anything about WW3?

• or next Saturday's tattslotto numbers?
  • She's just blogged now:

"I thought it was the hotel's indoor swimming pool..."

• I bet Custard in the library with the sledgehammer dunnit.
    I remember seeing a pretty extensive discussion of this on PuffSky.com. Obviously controversial and tough to get definitive answers though.
    Hey, welcome to the forum 
    No new posts since June on that blog.
    -------------------
  • She's just posted now:

"Matt....me love you long time"

They should use her for a Britta water filter add 
  • or to sell swimming armbands.....
    They should use her for a Britta water filter add 
    *Blinks*
    -------------------
  • I heard the Cecil Hotel were now serving on their menu "Chinese soup with floating pig chunks"............
  • Also : "Ghost ice cream".......and you get an empty bowl.....
  • Ummmar...maybe we have solved the mystery of the Chinese Ghost Cities...maybe that's where Elisa lives now.....
  • RosieRosie Member, Permitted to post new threads
    in all  of them?

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• Maybe lots of ghosts live in them...we just can't see them.   Isn't there something in the bible about the dead rising from graves?.....well, they have to live somewhere....

• Did you see there are ghost cities in Africa & Ireland?   The ones in Ireland are lovely thatched cottages. If I were a ghost I would chose Ireland.
    Lovely thatched cottages filled with Irish music and surrounded by peat bog.  Ah........

"We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."

• Better than "cement city"....
    In the ground.
    -------------------
    edited March 2014
    In the ground.
    **deleted*** 
    edited March 2014
    You were going to say, "Diluting someone's brandy in a snifter," weren't you?

In all seriousness, this is assuming:

a) she ever existed in the first place
    b) she was actually there, and what they say happened to her actually did

Like every other bizarre event in the last few years, there has been no reliable photographic evidence or postmortem reports. Even the hotel security footage from inside the elevator was heavily edited and parts cut out / time decompressed.

Nevertheless, if she was a part of some spook's plan on the winding road to fascism, I stand by my original claim. They most certainly wouldn't have kept her alive.

That is, unless she's the spook.

-------------------
    Dat theme song 

There's something about music from the 80's that today's music simply doesn't have, and I wonder if it's because of all the "emotional synth". That show was nightmarish.
    -------------------
    Did anyone notice that this thread has 5,500 views? lol
    -------------------
    Did anyone notice that this thread has 5,500 views? lol
    YES! lol WTF..We must be one of the only alt. news site with this story 
  • i'm not sure if anyone is on this thread anymore (i just made a account just for the purpose to comment on this) and i have a blog on tumblr, the same website her blog is on obviously. now, if this is REALLY her account then i have the explanation for why her blog is still in use even though shes dead. on tumblr you are able to make a post or reblog something and set it to reblog/post on a certain date or on random. when she was alive she must have set multiple posts to be reblogged on certain days or reblogged on random. ta-daaa.
    edited March 2014
    Welcome to the forum, Allycat.

It's definitely a plausible theory, and one others have mentioned as well. The only issue I have with it is that the new blog posts are too erratic to suggest that they were programmed. For instance, why would she post nothing for a month or so, sometimes several months, and then suddenly on a precise date have an image programmed in? Personally, to me it suggests active usage.

One simply has to look at the "archive" portion of the tumblr site to see that she posted nothing from summer until December of last year, whereupon she suddenly posted a new picture. I'm doubtful that she programmed that in six months ahead of time. This leaves me with two conclusions:

1) Someone pre-programmed in the chaos to make it look like it was just the whimsical postings of a normal user.

2) This isn't her tumblr, which is bizarre, since many aspects and commentaries on the website suggest that it's her.

3) She's still alive.

I'm doubtful about #3 unless she was actively a part of the mystery. Considering the security footage of her in the hotel was heavily edited to cut out certain parts, that's up in the air at this point. I lean most heavily towards #1, with #2 a close second.
    -------------------
    P.S.

I hope you'll use your new registration to comment on our other stories as well. New perspectives are always welcome, and I'm glad you've joined us.
    -------------------
    Welcome allycat!
  • Facts before theory.

Arrived in LA from San Diego, Jan. 26th via LAPD.

Checked in to Cecil Hotel Jan 28th, checkout scheduled for feb 1st via LAPD .

Last seen in lobby Jan 31st via LAPD.

Last phone contact with family Jan 31st via Vancouver Police.

Katie Orphan owner of "THE LAST BOOKSTORE" recalls talking to Elisa on Jan 31st in her book store.

LAPD go public seek help in locating Feb 6th.

LAPD release video of Elisa Feb 13th, the video is a security video showing one of the Hotel Cecil's 2 elevators. Video is circa Jan 31st to Feb 1st.

Found in Water tank Hotel Cecil Feb 19th by hotel worker while investigating low water pressure in hotel.

EL left home without her glasses.

- LA was not part of her initial itinerary, and her parents did not know why she stopped there.

- She did not have any medical or mental condition that police knew about.

-All daily contact with her family ceased on Jan 31st.

-Police could not search all rooms because they did not have any evidence of probable crime at the time.

Also, she was not currently taking classes at the University of British Colombia, according to CNN (Just adding that because I know some people were speculating that she was skipping/taking a week off of school). .............................................. She was probably on drugs.

Mashing the control panel probably made the door stay open. Either a glitch or she pressed the " hold door" button. Its an old hotel and the elevator is probably old too, I'm sure the control panel has been abused quite a bit throughout the years and it's not unlikely that mashing the the panel caused a malfunction.

As for the locked door to the roof:

One fact that I kept coming across was that there was no other access to the roof except through a locked door. I viewed the hotel from Google Earth and was surprised to see that there is clear access to the roof via the fire escape and access to the fire escape from every floor. There is also a CCTV camera just below the fire escape. It is clear from Google Earth street view that there is an opening to the roof and so anyone, including Elisa could have gotten up there that way.

People say she could not have climbed onto the 8ft water tower but I looked at pictures of the rooftop and the water tower she climbed into was easily accessible by climbing onto a railing. The water tower she was in is the one most easily accessible as well. Its in the corner so she had the railing and the wall for support.

People say she couldn't have opened the heavy lid to the tower. It only weighed 40lbs.

People say she couldn't have closed the lid. Its a hinged lid and unless you open it past the vertical position it will close itself. Its hard to explain, but if you only partially open the lid just enough to put your legs in first the lid will close itself as soon as you enter the water tower. Also, Commander Andrew Smith of LAPD Media Relations interviewed on Chinese TV said:

-He said the water tank has a "hinged lid" for looking inside of it, and says that he believes it was closed when the officers went up there and "they didn't think someone would climb up, or go onto that lid".

-He said the water was approx. 10 feet deep, and he didn't know if she was floating on the top or if she was at the bottom of the tank. He adds, "but a body at the bottom of the tank would be difficult to see."

Why was she naked? Most people take their clothes off before they willingly enter a body of water. Maybe she was on drugs and took her clothes off because she felt as if she was overheating ( very common for people on drugs to remove their clothing). She may have climbed into the water tower in an attempt to cool off. I know the autopsy report said she wasn't on drugs but some synthetic drugs are difficult to test for and they don't even test for certain drugs.

Why weren't her clothes found? She may have left them on top of the water tower and they blew off the building. The person who found them may not want police scrutiny and kept their mouth shut.

She died from drowning. That means they found water in her lungs. She was alive when she entered the water. A killer would have most likely killed her before dumping the body but we know she was alive when she entered the water. Only other possibility is that she was unconscious when her killer dumped her body in the tower. It would be extremely difficult to carry a kicking a screaming woman up to the top of the tower.

If she was fleeing somebody or felt pursued why would she trap herself on the roof top?

Pushing every button indicated to me that she had no particular destination in mind. Pushing every button means stopping at every floor. That would simply take more time to put distance between her and the person pursuing her.

She was on drugs or having a psychotic episode and wandered up to the roof and decided to have a swim.

Why did they have to use a saw to cut a hole in the tower to remove her? Because it was the easiest way. When they drained the water the body was resting 8ft below the entrance. I'm sure.nobody wanted to climb in there and haul a decomposing body up a latter. The firefighters may not have been able to fit through the opening wearing full gear. Rigamortis may have made it impossible for her to even fit out the opening ( depending how long rigamortis lasts for)...its also a confined space and requires a specific procedure to be followed to enter. Cutting a hole was the easiest way to remove the body. The news helicopters can't see anything that way either ( there was news helicopters in the air at the time)

Why did they wait 5 months to release the autopsy report? The police wanted to wait so that public interest in the case would subside. The case was still under investigation and they wouldn't want to release details.

Here's evidence that supports a murder:

Some facts found from Elisa Lam's blog:

She mentions being stalked by someone of Latin descent on the 26th in this post: http://nouvelle-nouveau.tumblr.com/post/41596157293/more-the-speakeasy-was-awesome-except-i-lost

She may have been a prostitute because her family had no idea why she had gone to LA, not to mention she was staying at a dirty hotel and she appeared to be on drugs in the video. As far as I've determined she wasn't a student nor did she have a job. Vancouver is also a drug hub for synthetic drugs and she may have been a drug mule for a Asian organized crime syndicate which are very active in Vancouver. That would explain her paranoid behavior ( triggered by drugs).

The most likely conclusion is that she was on drugs although the stalker she reports in her blog may lead some to believe she was murdered, It doesn't explain her odd behavior.

Volkswagenvr6ftw@gmail.com

I'm intrigued by this case
  • When I think about it, anybody who believes she was possessed by ghosts or killed by the illuminati is rather quite insane lol...like get help.
    edited March 2014
    Hello again Volkswagen, and welcome again to the forum.

I agree with you that this case is an intriguing one, and it leaves many questions unanswered. As you mentioned, her itinerary and behaviour seemed peculiar.

However, there's still problems with these official conclusions of "murder" and "drugs":

1) She was acting weird, but since there's no audio or extended footage, it's hard to know what she was really doing. A lot of people goof around and act strange.

2) Why was the hotel elevator security footage heavily edited and its time decompressed to hide that fact?

3) Was that actually Elisa Lam? Does "Elisa Lam" actually exist? There's amazingly almost no information on the girl. She's the Chinese Liberal Arts Student equivalent of Obama in this regard.

4) Why were there no photos of any body? Or photos of any serious work being done to retriever her at the hotel?

5) Why did the autopsy report indicate no sign of drugs? If there were no drugs, how did she get into the water tank? Was she actually ever in the water tank to begin with?

6) Why is the media pushing the "mental illness" card when her own "family" vehemently denies the presence of any such illness?

7) Why is "LAM ELISA" the test name for Tuberculosis, an outbreak of which took place in the exact same area she disappeared shortly after her disappearance, and which there is a huge research center for at the University of British Columbia which she supposedly attended?

I imagine ghosts and the Illumanti might indeed be a stretch (but then again, who knows this day and age), but I feel that the LAPD/media response of murder and drugs might not fully explain the total situation.
    -------------------
  • To matt_admin,
    -The hotel is old and cheap, maybe she wasn't in a lot of the footage so it was edited to the most important parts
    -Duh she was Elisa Lam, she was missing and her family reported her missing. Yes she was a real person. There's no information about me on the internet but I exist
    -Would the autopsy people really leak a bloated, decomposed body picture on the internet? They would lose their jobs. Crime scene photos are PRIVATE and rarely seen. Cops don't allow journalists or photographers on scene for a reason.
    -There's no drugs in her system because her body was decomposing in water for 2 weeks. She most likely jumped into the tank
    -Asian families are known for pushing mental illness under the rug. It is not okay to talk about it or acknowledge mental health issues in most circumstances. 
    -Look up LAM ELISA on google and read the medical facts about tuberculosis. 
    edited March 2014
    Hello Jennifer, and welcome to the forum.

Just to address your points:

-- The footage has been heavily edited on purpose to delete tiny portions of the film, most likely those portions that would actually show something, to the tune of a few seconds here, and a few seconds there. When once watches it and the time marker, it's very clear. The police also stated that they had provided unabridged security footage. If they were simply deleting portions of the film that weren't worthy, why then did they deliberately decompress the time of the clip so that it still showed its full length in real-time so as to hide the edits?

-- I do know you exist because you just communicated with me. You also have quite the record on the Internet despite your thinking otherwise:

• You partake in photography, including in study
    • You attended college in Denver
    • You enjoy the Burning Man experience
    • You're a blonde, a brunette, or even a pinkette depending on your mood

There's much more, but I found that within 20 seconds and will leave it there. Now, try to do that with Elisa Lam, and it's almost impossible.

-- Crime scene photos are often seen, especially in higher profile cases such as this one. But even so, why was no actual work filmed on the hotel roof? All we've ever seen is a few men gathering here and there, which could mean anything. Did they really find something? Were they simply checking and find nothing? Photographic evidence would clear up that matter, and yet there's none. In addition, the police allowed ample footage to be taken of a small group of men milling about the rooftop doing nothing meaningful.

-- Drugs do indeed remain in the body, especially if they're not fully digested or decomposed in the fats and tissues. This is especially true when the person dies before drugs fully pass through the system. But even so, the police also found zero lacerations and signs of struggle. The autopsy found absolutely nothing at all, in fact.

-- Asians come in many shapes and sizes, so it's not very useful to stereotype them. I know many, and they're especially ready to reveal information to the point of outpouring when in distress.

-- I already looked up such medical information. Why do you reference it?
    -------------------
  • allodsallods Member
    edited March 2014
    I don't know if you guys are still interested to discuss, but this whole case smells. I mean, her instagram is quite active and the evidence presented and the report are beyond inconclusive. Whatever got her there will remain ill explained, unfornately. And all that I can come up with is how poorly equipped the police is to solve such puzzles, when it comes down to lack of smoking guns leading straight up to murder.
    edited March 2014
    Welcome to the forum, Allods. Glad you've joined us.

We are absolutely still interested in discussing this, and I completely agree with you that the whole Elisa Lam thing carries the aroma of dollar store tuna.

Hang on a second, though -- she has an instagram account? Do you have the link for it so we can check it out? I know about a tumblr account that's possibly hers, but this is the first time I've heard about the other one. Definitely share it with us when you get a moment.

Aside from that, have you ever entertained the possibility that she never existed at all? Or that she might be someone other than she claims to be?
    -------------------
  • I am new to this site, hello.

Her Instagram name was: MoulesMariniere
    And her last upload was a little eerie in my opinion.

And I remember seeing one of the local news reports on this case, and there was a brief shot of the firefighters on the roof transporting a body bag down from the roof.
    Hello Pawleej, welcome to the forums.

Awesome contribution -- I was searching for her instagram account, and those final two shots are indeed incredibly eerie.
    -------------------
    Do we even know the girl in the lift was actually Elisa Lam?
    Why did the lift not go anywhere?  I recall seeing her push several buttons on several occasions but did she press the close button at all?
    If the lift hadn't worked for me I would have exited via the stairs which I assume existed.
    Lifts have phones so you can ring for help.
    She could have gone back to her room and phoned for reception. (or used a mobile).
    Were there steps up to the top of the tank to allow her to climb and fall in or alternatively be pushed in?

Do we even know the girl in the lift was actually Elisa Lam?
    Why did the lift not go anywhere?  I recall seeing her push several buttons on several occasions but did she press the close button at all?
    If the lift hadn't worked for me I would have exited via the stairs which I assume existed.
    Lifts have phones so you can ring for help.
    She could have gone back to her room and phoned for reception. (or used a mobile).
    Were there steps up to the top of the tank to allow her to climb and fall in or alternatively be pushed in?
    -- We honestly don't, it was just an assumption. Everything about this girl is an assumption in regards to identity, it's seeming.

-- It seemed she and some other people were fooling around in the hallway. Since the elevator footage has been edited in several places, it's impossible for us to know who the "friend" was.

-- The roof top was secured with an alarmed door, so she wouldn't have had access to it unless someone had let her in. There was a ladder onto the tank. But again, no actual evidence has been produced of a body being there, or being in the tank aside from hearsay from the media.

-- Something we haven't noted yet, but which is incredibly important: The whole Christopher Dorner thing was going down at the same time as when the Elisa Lam story surfaced.

-------------------
  • I have seen cases like this before, but in these other cases the person faked their death and made it look mysterious to get alot of attention. Like the case up in Oregon where the girl made people believe that she had been kidnapped. I don't know, but this case is hokey, that is for sure. Could we be dealing with some type of government psyop? The TB thing happening right afterwards near there is too coincidental.

Another I thought of is the possibilityt that this was some type of student or indepedent film sceario? I do motion graphincs for film and you wouldn't beleive the stories I hear of small time film maker trying to get attention by faking real events. Maybe that is what happened here.

I also thought of something while writing this; what if Elisa Lam is an anagram of something? I'll rearrange the letters tonight to see if I can find anything interesting.

Great thoughts, William. Definitely plausible considering the type of stuff we see going on today.

Another weird aspect of all this is that "ELISA LAM" is a type of tuberculosis test, and there was a TB outbreak either right before or right after in the same area where she disappeared

"Her" tumblr page also left me mystified, as did the heavily edited security elevator footage. 

Definitely let us know about the anagram results. 
    -------------------
  • I just saw this video on another site. I thought you guys might like to see it. It is not in English, but it shows a lot of the hotel, from the inside, including how easy it is to reach the roof of the hotel.

This case is so interesting to me.
    @randispoop

Welcome to the forums, glad you joined us. Great video, and pretty eery to see him walking right up to the "spot". What do you think about the entire case?
    -------------------
  • randispooprandispoop Member
    edited September 2014
    I honestly have no idea what I believe anymore. I was convinced it was some sort of psychedelics, especially after seeing how easy it would have been for her to get onto the roof. Then I began reading about the tuberculosis outbreak and that the test had the same name as this victim... This confuses and intrigues me. Is this related in any way? Could that REALLY be a coincidence? 
    edit: Well, I now see that ELISA is a type of test, so that makes more sense. 
    I'm absolutely with you on that one, Rand. We think alike.

Did you also know that the elevator footage is heavily edited, and the footage itself slowed down so that the parts that were cut wouldn't be noticed in the overall length? Check it out for yourself and count the second timer. You'll see big chunks missing despite the video being presented as if it's unaltered, and your mind may potentially be blown as a result.

I wonder what they cut out of that security footage that they didn't want us to know... What makes it stranger is that it was the police that presented this footage, not the hotel, meaning they would also have wanted to hide something. But what?
    -------------------
    In case anyone likes proof with their pudding (and to get a closer look), here's an in-depth analysis that's worth your time:

-------------------
  • randispooprandispoop Member
    edited September 2014
    I actually watched a video where a guy slowed it back down to normal time, and showed where you can see the time changing in relation to the video the police showed us. It seemed there was about a minute missing within the footage (his calculations, not mine). I am also quite curious what this is covering up. I still believe it was drug related, and she did this to herself. So, I'm just not sure what that video would have to do with that.
    Edit: that's the video I was referring to ^
    I honestly have no idea what I believe anymore. I was convinced it was some sort of psychedelics, especially after seeing how easy it would have been for her to get onto the roof. Then I began reading about the tuberculosis outbreak and that the test had the same name as this victim... This confuses and intrigues me. Is this related in any way? Could that REALLY be a coincidence? 
    edit: Well, I now see that ELISA is a type of test, so that makes more sense. 
    Your name is hilarious :)  

I thought it was drugs too, but the whole thing is just too darn strange 
    edited September 2014
    when you watch the video, as I just did again, you'll notice sever things when she first walks into the elevator: First, her playful demeanor when she spins around with arm extended to press the button. 2nd How, quickly she stands up after pressing the button, 3rd when she goes to look out of the elevator, she does some hollywood over-dramatic look and then hides behind the door....

She is on drugs. I've been there, that is the same dumb shit I would do had I taken shrooms or acid (or any other strong hallucinogen) in a real public place. 

Her demeanor is playful/silly not fearful 

look at how she acts from 0:38 seconds to about :45 seconds...clearly on drugs 

ALSO the 1:30 mark...either she is directing a band we cannot see or has an invisible doggie...LOL 
  • Well, Mr Pops, I'm glad you enjoy my name :)

You mentioned a lot of the things that originally made me believe it was drugs, especially when seeing the normal speed video. She doesn't look taken over by spirits or even like she's being followed. Her mind is being altered, and it was more than likely a decision she made.

It's terrible easy to have a "bad trip" on plenty of drugs. When you add mental illness into that equation, it kind of seems extremely likely.

In that video, she does seem playful. Once in the hallway, out of view, or onto the roof, things could have changed completely. And I guess they must have. Or she was playfully skinny dipping in the water tower and it was truly an accident.
    @randispoop @mrpops09_CMOD_

I agree with both of you in that she's not really showing "fear" like the media wanted us to believe, and that she does indeed seem a bit "wacky". I really want to know who she was interacting with outside of the elevator - assuming it wasn't just a hallucination of a guinea pig in a clown suit. I suppose we'll never know.
    -------------------
    First, I'd like to bump this thread so others can see the above video comparison.

Second, after seeing the video, I would like to challenge the notion of drugs, simply because her bizarre acting comes after a huge video edit. What if she was reacting to something that we're seeing out of context? Was she play-acting? Was she simply acting like giddy young women do when they're travelling about and having fun?
    -------------------

Elisa Lam Movie 'The Bringing' Based On Her Death

A horror movie based on the death of 21-year-old Elisa Lam is slated to be made in Hollywood.

"The Bringing", a spec script written by Phillip and Brandon Murphy, and championed by producer Michael De Luca ("American History X", "The Social Network") has been acquired through a competitive process by Sony Pictures, Deadline.com revealed Wednesday.

The plot involves a private investigator who is hired to look into a mysterious murder and discovers the hotel is harbouring a dark and sinister past, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Lam, who was from Vancouver, was found in one of four rooftop tanks that hold the water supply for the Cecil Hotel in Los Angeles almost three weeks after she was reported missing. A worker, who was checking a complaint about low water pressure, discovered her body. Lam had last been seen at the hotel on Jan. 31, 2013.

-------------------
    A movie based on her life would require permission from her family. So her family is alright with this?

Who are her family, exactly? Why do we know absolutely nothing about them? Is there any actual verification that Elisa Lam is a real person with a real history?
    -------------------
    A movie based on her life would require permission from her family. So her family is alright with this?

Who are her family, exactly? Why do we know absolutely nothing about them? Is there any actual verification that Elisa Lam is a real person with a real history?
    I don't think it would require permission from the family if they used a different name and just said "this is based on actual events" 
    "This story is based on true events, and starts with the mysterious disappearance of a young woman named Teresa Ham..."
    -------------------
  • To the question "who was she interacting with outside of the elevator?". I just want to point out that a video posted by Randy above, clearly shows a very large circular mirror on the one of the walls. It appears to me that she could be interacting with her reflection?
  • At around 54 sec. she is outside of the elevator in the area which I believe she would be directly across from the mirror seen in the video. It appears she puts her hands up in her hair interacting with her reflection.

Later around 1:30 she appears to be counting to 3 on her left hand. Maybe she is retracing her steps in her head....."1. I pushed the buttons 2. I pushed the buttons nothing happened 3. I pushed the buttons again, still nothing happens...) Then, she wanders off to the left putting her hands in her hair again.
    At around 54 sec. she is outside of the elevator in the area which I believe she would be directly across from the mirror seen in the video. It appears she puts her hands up in her hair interacting with her reflection.

Later around 1:30 she appears to be counting to 3 on her left hand. Maybe she is retracing her steps in her head....."1. I pushed the buttons 2. I pushed the buttons nothing happened 3. I pushed the buttons again, still nothing happens...) Then, she wanders off to the left putting her hands in her hair again.
    Welcome the forums Girlydahl, glad you've joined us and commented on this ever-intriguing mystery.

I never thought that she might be counting something. That's really interesting, and I'm going to take a bit of time later on to watch the video again to compare each of your thoughts. 

In the meantime, how do you feel about the security video being edited? Do you have any thoughts on that? What do you feel could have been cut out of the film?

-------------------
  • GirlydahlGirlydahl Member
    edited October 2014
    I am not sure how I feel about the editing. I am more drawn to her actions.  I do think she is alone, conferring with herself. Counting, (retracing steps or recalling info) seemingly in a heightened state. Confused/concerned about where she is for sure, thus putting her hands in her hair on her head thinking. She appears to me to be acting out what she is going over in her mind. Whether due to a mental break or influenced by medication or perhaps a drug.
    I agree girlydahl - her actions did appear abnormal as though under influence of something and perhaps disorientated.  The question is was she aware of being filmed by cctv or whatever process. In that case she could have been acting.

To the question "who was she interacting with outside of the elevator?". I just want to point out that a video posted by Randy above, clearly shows a very large circular mirror on the one of the walls. It appears to me that she could be interacting with her reflection?
    I have not heard that nor thought of it...That is an excellent observation and truly seems plausible 
  • Whenever she peeks out of the doors she looks right first. This would make sense if there is a mirror directly across from the left of the elevator as shown in the video above. From her position in the elevator she would see any movement or reflections on that side of the elevator (left), this is why she looks to the right first.
    She may be looking for whoever might be out there, not at herself. This would explain her anxiety.

• GirlydahlGirlydahl Member
    edited October 2014
    I also wonder about her actions when she steps out at 38. Seems as though she could be checking to see where her reflection begins and ends, thus the side stepping..? To see how far the mirror reflection goes to the right. I believe she might have thought someone was there but I don't believe she saw anyone. Maybe paranoia or maybe she heard something that spooked her. Her actions don't tell me she actually saw anyone. Just that she is spooked.

Whenever she peeks out of the doors she looks right first. This would make sense if there is a mirror directly across from the left of the elevator as shown in the video above. From her position in the elevator she would see any movement or reflections on that side of the elevator (left), this is why she looks to the right first.
    Well done. This is probably one of the best insights on the subject that we've had here so far. 
    -------------------
    edited October 2014
    I've reviewed the elevator security footage (in the comparison video I posted above), and it does indeed seem very clear that she's counting something. It also seems clear to me that she's talking with someone who is off-camera, and who likely remains off camera due to the parts cut out of the video (which can also be seen in the comparison video).

I still strongly feel that while the case for drugs can definitely be argued, I really don't think it's the case. I think she was genuinely fooling around with others, but for unknown reasons those others cannot be viewed, and the LAPD have removed them from the video. It really makes absolutely no sense, and suggests this whole situation may be far more complicated than we realize. 

This is her last instagram post, as noted by another forum member above:

It is creepy, cryptic and most ominous. 
    -------------------
    Something we should perhaps look into / verify:

(1) Her family stated she had no history of mental illness, despite the media peddling that angle.

(2) No drugs or alcohol were found in her system according to the autopsy report. 
    -------------------
    edited October 2014
    I've discovered another website which is purportedly her blog. In it, she reveals a wealth of information and goings on in her life that has been unavailable until now:

There is strong evidence that this is indeed her bog, since it shows a Hong Kong origin (her parents are Hong Kong immigrants), but even more importantly, it links back to her tumblr account, the original reason for this entire thread:

And herein lies the frightening part: despite her "death", posts continued to be placed on this account. The reasoning people were using was that she pre-programmed them in, which is a feature of tumblr (although this is a theory I reject, since there's no evidence she used the account in such a manner). However, the posts soon petered out.

But then, there was a new post in July of 2013, followed by silence.

And then suddenly in December of 2013, a new post was made:

Who is using her account? What's going on? Something continues to feel very wrong about all this. And what's troubling me the most is that no one is commenting anywhere on this outside this website, as if the whole situation is forgotten, despite the fact we have an active web account of someone who is purportedly deceased.
    -------------------
    An additional piece of information to pursue / ponder:

(3) The water tank in which she was found was apparently directly above the elevator in which she was last filmed fooling around.
    -------------------
    edited October 2014
    I've just discovered her autopsy report, with commentary:

...the PDF file of which I'll attach to this post.
    -------------------
    And a 3rd party online behaviour analysis of her actions in the elevator video:

-------------------
  • And a 3rd party online behaviour analysis of her actions in the elevator video:

I wonder if person's evaluating knew there was a mirror across from the elevator?

I also find it interesting that the autopsy report leaves the family names blank, but fails to blank out her sister's name just beforehand. (Sara Lam). I wonder if her sister has access to her accounts and posts every now and again?
    edited October 2014
    And a 3rd party online behaviour analysis of her actions in the elevator video:

I wonder if person's evaluating knew there was a mirror across from the elevator?

I also find it interesting that the autopsy report leaves the family names blank, but fails to blank out her sister's name just beforehand. (Sara Lam). I wonder if her sister has access to her accounts and posts every now and again?
    It appears if the analyzer did not take that into account. Nevertheless, I found some of their remarks interesting, especially regarding the "preening" and possible communication, although the conclusion they reached isn't all that different from the ones reached here on this thread.

An excellent observation regarding Sara Lam. I'm going to look into her when I have a moment. It's indeed possible she might be posting to these accounts, but then the nature of the new posts becomes questionable, since they continue along the theme of all the previous posts, that is, mainly fashion / hipster ephemera. What would be the point of her doing that, if it is indeed her, and so erratically? 

I found something else that absolutely stunned me in the autopsy, and which I hadn't known previously (although astute observers like yourself and others may have). It's regarding her clothing. She was found naked inside the water tank, and yet her clothes were water logged and also found inside the tank. This leads to one of two undeniable conclusions: (1) She undressed while in the tank, or (2) someone tossed her clothes in after her. I'm really surprised so few have brought this up, and yet the very same autopsy report clearly states that "no foul play is assumed"! How crazy is that?

I'm going to read through the entirety of her blogs as soon as time allows. If I glean anything, I'll be sure to mention it here.
    -------------------
    edited October 2014
    Was thinking of other things than a mirror opposite the lift (or lifts)
    These are possible and all of these can often be found in close proximity to lifts:
    an additional lift
    a stairwell
    a restroom

edited December 2014
    Some further observations I've had while reading Elisa's blog and scouting for more information:

-- She often mentions herself, including wearing clothing about which she blogs, but never reveals any pictures of herself anywhere (except one, a blurry snap of her legs in her new shoes). In fact, I've yet to see even a single picture of her anywhere on any of her social media sites.

-- She mentions several times bizarre health episodes in which her memory and thought processes dull, and that she has trouble thinking, concentrating and even writing coherently. She also mentions dizzy spells.

-------------------
    edited November 2014

UPDATED! ELISA LAM MYSTERY – ALL THE HIDDEN STUFF YOU DIDNT SEE

Monday, March 4, 2013 10:26 From Before its News <
    http://minddefense.wordpress.com/2013/03/04/elisa-lam-a-virgin-sacrificed-for-their-god/

On 19th of February 2013, Elisa Lam (21) of British Columbia, Canada
    was found deceased in a watercistern on top of Hotel Cecil in Los
    Angeles. She had been missing for nearly 3 weeks. A lot of signs and
    symbols surrounding her dissapearence and death, are remarkable to say
    the least.

MOVIE TIME!

There’s an odd correlation. Her death is eerily similar to the movie, “Dark Water“,  an japanese horror movie where an elevator and the  death of an asian girl who drowned in a watercistern ontop of an apartment buidling, play a crucial role. The movie was remade for an american audience in  2005, starring Jennifer Connely.

MORE SO CALLED “COINCIDENCES”?

THE BUTTONS SEQUENCE

Take a look at the button sequence that Elisa pushes in the Elevator. Most people on the net seem to agree that she pressed buttons: 14, 10, 7, 4, B and Block/Hold. 

Buttonpanel of the elevator in Cecil Hotel, Los Angeles.

Buttonpanel of the elevator in Cecil Hotel, Los Angeles.

Read the Bible  John Chapter 4 and then verse 7, 10 and 14.

(New King James Version)

A Samaritan woman meets her messiah

(John 4:7) A woman from Samaria came to draw
    water. Jesus said to her “Give me a drink” For his disciples had gone
    away into the city to buy food.

(John 4:10) Jesus answered and said to her, “If you
    knew the gift of god, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’
    you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water.

(John 4:14) but whoever drinks of the water that I
    shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him
    will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting
    life.”

AND MORE

ELISA is a biblical name and means “God’s promised”/”God’s dedicated

LAM is lamb as in the Lamb of god.

(Romans 8:3; Hebrews 10) “When Jesus is called the Lamb of God in John 1:29 and John 1:36, it is referring to Him as the perfect and ultimate sacrifice for sin.
    In order to understand who Christ was and what He did, we must begin
    with the Old Testament, which contains prophecies concerning the coming
    of Christ as a “guilt offering” (Isaiah 53:10). In fact, the whole sacrificial system established by God in the Old Testament set the stage for the coming of Jesus Christ, who is the perfect sacrifice God would provide as atonement for the sins of His people.”

I AM SEAL is an anagram for ELISA LAM?

Read lots more

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2013/03/updated-elisa-lam-mystery-all-the-hidden-stuff-you-didnt-see-2582918.html

The youtube reference to Movie Time above with similarities to the Elisa Lam story.

• @randispoop @mrpops09_CMOD_

I agree with both of you in that she's not really showing "fear" like the media wanted us to believe, and that she does indeed seem a bit "wacky". I really want to know who she was interacting with outside of the elevator - assuming it wasn't just a hallucination of a guinea pig in a clown suit. I suppose we'll never know.
    Am I.the only one notice her put her hands on the elevator door when she came back in, like she was.regaining her balance?

Am I.the only one notice her put her hands on the elevator door when she came back in, like she was.regaining her balance?
    Welcome to the Forum Lady. That is intersting and adds to my suspicion that she was drugged/on drugs. 

Welcome to the forum, glad you've joined us.

It's indeed interesting. She shows a lot of exotic behaviour that doesn't make sense, and at times appears normal, while at others, appears like she's had one too many brown pops. 

It's a bonafide mystery. I wonder sometimes if we're seeing the entire thing out of context, since footage has been cut out of the security tapes.
    -------------------
    The youtube reference to Movie Time above with similarities to the Elisa Lam story.

That trailer was ultra creepy until the end with the horrible CGI, lol.

I saw the Hollywood version of this movie. Pretty intense. 
    -------------------
  • BolliverBolliver Member
    edited November 2014
    Hi all,
    I'm glad to see this conversation is still going. Some thoughts that are consuming me:

1. Sarah's FB seems fake and devoid of content
    2. Elisa's social networking sites, as stated above, are also strangely lacking
    3. Almost no background, and as far as I can tell no statements from friends or acquaintances (strange for a girl this age)
    4.She acts normal when she enters the lift, then after leaving and re-entering, she starts acting unbalanced and goofy... Like something happened when she was off to the side (hit in the head? Psych break? Drugs kicked in?) Something happened half way through the video.. Something abrupt and acute that wasn't present when she entered initially. How do you go from 0 to crazy in less than a second? Normally drugs would onset more gradually (mushrooms, acid).. Ones that take such drastic effects so quickly (bath salts, Salvia, pcp) would have had her acting like that the whole time...
    5. Her hands look almost broken... Definitely flexed abnormally, even too large for her body or superimposed, when she is making the swimming motions. Did she break her fingers when they were crossed over her head? Did someone else?

Overall, I'm feeling fairly confident that she is fictional altogether. If it wasn't inexcusably rude and insensitive I'd be inclined to try to contact someone related on the phone - I'd bet money nobody could actually be reached
  • ... Then, entertaining the idea that this is real footage of the actual person and the actual incident... I'm wondering why the hands look so unnatural. Even the space between the fingers is black (doesn't look like actual negative space) and looks like a cheap video edit.

It almost seems like she's being strangled from behind, or like she got whacked in the head. Maybe her actual hand motions were more indicative of some type of struggle or trauma, so it was edited to look like she was doing the Jack Sparrow? I don't know, but something about that section of the video is definitely off.
    edited December 2014
    ... Then, entertaining the idea that this is real footage of the actual person and the actual incident... I'm wondering why the hands look so unnatural. Even the space between the fingers is black (doesn't look like actual negative space) and looks like a cheap video edit.

It almost seems like she's being strangled from behind, or like she got whacked in the head. Maybe her actual hand motions were more indicative of some type of struggle or trauma, so it was edited to look like she was doing the Jack Sparrow? I don't know, but something about that section of the video is definitely off.
    Welcome to the website, Bolliver. Glad you joined us.

Two absolutely excellent comments.

I couldn't agree more regarding Elisa's involvement social media outlets. Aside from a few blog posts on her blogspot where she mentions some peculiar health issues and a strange lifestyle (if this was indeed her writing), all her social profiles could be anyone's because she never once reveals herself in any of them.

No photos anywhere. No linking material whatsoever.

Elisa mentions in a few places that she has "few friends due to her strange schedule", but one has to wonder if that was her true situation or just a convenient excuse to cover up what you mentioned - that no one is speaking up anywhere about this that knows her.

Your point #4 is brilliant, I feel. I, too, can't explain that absolutely strange mix of behaviour between completely normal and total freak out that activated instantly, yet only spanned 3 or so minutes according to the footage.

My only thoughts are that the video is so heavily edited, as I've often mentioned, and as the security footage amply indicates, and as you've suggested yourself, that we've totally lost the context of what really went on. That context would likely solve this entire mystery.

Tell me more about how you feel she's not a real person. I'd be very interested in hearing it.

-------------------
  • Hi all,

I just want to confirm that that Elisa Lam was indeed a real person.  I don't know her personally but I went to the same university and many of my classmates attended the same local high school (UHill) as her and knew her and were quite unhappy and upset about what happened.  I don't want to comment on anything else that you're discussing, but just to confirm that she has indeed died, she is buried at Forest Lawn in Burnaby.
    Thank you for your information royaroya. Any death is sad - the circumstances of Elisa Lam's death are quite tragic and unusual.

Hi all,

I just want to confirm that that Elisa Lam was indeed a real person.  I don't know her personally but I went to the same university and many of my classmates attended the same local high school (UHill) as her and knew her and were quite unhappy and upset about what happened.  I don't want to comment on anything else that you're discussing, but just to confirm that she has indeed died, she is buried at Forest Lawn in Burnaby.
    Thanks for leaving your comment and registering to do so. 

Out of curiosity and if you don't mind me asking, how did you end up here? And what curbs your desire to not comment on all the "other" things?
    -------------------
    @royaroya

If you don't mind, could you share some of the contacts of these people you said knew Elisa so that I can contact them and follow up? I'd really like to communicate with them. You can send a PM or email if you like to keep it private.
    -------------------
    Since we've had no follow up, I think it's safe to assume that nothing at all has been "confirmed" - Elisa's existence has not in fact been confirmed, nor has her death. It remains entirely speculation, and I'm just noting this to keep the discussion on track.

It's important to note that a declarative statement cannot be made without proof if others are to take that statement seriously. Similarly, attempting to goad others into forming a conclusion or censoring themselves via emotion is also an avenue that will never lead to success, at least not here.

Carry on, good investigators.
    -------------------
  • ArchonArchon Member, Permitted to post new threads
    That film, black water, couldnt it be that some sick persons played that film all over? It is to strange that there are so many things that are in commin. Excuse my english cause i am from the netherlands. Also in her blog she is talking about a boyfriend she met, this person was very tall and abused on the internet. When i googled a sentence from her blog about that boyfriend, who was being called in that sentence some names, i came upon an intirely different site with a different author i don t understand that. http://etherfields.blogspot.nl/2011/11/youth.html You never hear about him in a later comment, but in a next blog it seems like she is speaking about her friend ( somewhere in the middle) http://etherfields.blogspot.nl/2011/11/on-being-no-name-blogger-using-her-real.html this blog is kopied from an other author. If you type in the sentence in that blog in google: "was a pathetic bitchass vile fuckwad who sat around in his parents’ basement trying to abridge people’s freedom of speech and had" you learn to see who actually wrote that blog. I ll post the original blog it us from 2008 http://kateharding.net/2008/09/24/from-the-archives-on-being-a-no-name-blogger-using-her-real-name/. I think it s strange that you think you are reading a post from elisa ( remember she mentioned a new boyfriend, in her blog and then continues to talk about her bullied new to be boyfriend in a completly kopied blog) whad she pretending to have a boyfriend or was she created by a copy and paster?
    There is only one way
    Also weird is she is saying in her blog she doesn t like to wear dresses or skirts, guess what she is wearing in the elovator, right! A blue dress and an orange top, which she states in her blog are her favourite colours if it comes to clothes : http://etherfields.blogspot.nl/2010/12/contrast.html it seems the girl in the elovator hasn t got any issues with her bodie, which is strange cause she supposesly says this on her blog when she is telling a friend she is Not being a boyish girl she is having issues with her out look, anybody explain please. Here her blog about her legs: http://etherfields.blogspot.nl/2010/12/travel.html . It also erry people post on her while she is dead: http://etherfields.blogspot.nl/2012/04/worries-of-twenty-something.html#more
    There is only one way
    Here is here comment on the guy friend who is talking about her being more a boy girl than a girl girl (so to speek) http://etherfields.blogspot.nl/2011/11/nun.html
    There is only one way
    I feel whe need to know the bottem of this story, it just doesnt add upp, and i m from the netherlands so far far away!
    There is only one way